AboutHaifa TeenTech 2017
- During May- July 2017,hundreds of participants in schools all over the world submit candidacy.
- Attendees, the finalists - 60 young boys and girls in the ages of 16-18. 30 from Israel (Haifa) and 30 international.
- During the10 days journey, the teams will get to know one another, experience Israel and Haifa in ways corresponding with the theme of the competition, meet scientists, researchers and representatives of the Technion, Rambam hospital, and Hi-tech and start-up companies.
- A committee, headed by Nobel Laureate Prof. Avraham Hershko, composed of Haifa’s top researchers and representatives will choose the candidates based on technologica, public activity excellence and recommendations of teachers, principals and community leaders.
- Hospitality - during the competition the participants from abroad will be hosted by the participants and their families.
- The participants would be divided into mixed work groups; each group will have an assigned mentor and a mission to generate and promote innovative solutions to medical & healthcare related issues.
- The competition will be refereed by a professional committee of the highest scientific level.
- All participants, will be invited to continue the innovative activity in a virtual technological incubator designated exclusively for this program veterans. This “exclusive club of young entrepreneurs” will serve as the main tool for the ongoing relationship among the young participants after the completion ends.
|Tuesday- 12.12.17||Wednesday- 13.12||Thursday- 14.12||Friday- 15.12||Saturday- 16.12||Sunday- 17.12|
|Arrival to Israel-Haifa Opening Ceremony- Meeting with Haifa's Mayor||A tour of Israel - Jerusalem, Masada, the dead-sea, Tel-Aviv, etc… Israeli students join international students at an excitement week-end in Jerusalem||Back to Haifa Team building activities in Haifa|
|Monday- 18.12||Tuesday- 19.12||Wednesday- 20.12||Thursday- 21.12||Friday- 22.12||Saturday- 23.12|
|Tour of tech companies, Technion, Rambam hospital All in Haifa||Hackathon competition||Hackathon competition Closing Ceremony||Fun weekend In Haifa (optional)||Leaving Israel (Saturday night- or Sunday morning)|
Dr. Asia Levitah
Dr. Asia Levite, promotes and initiates programs in science and technology, a graduate of Berkeley’s University of California, the Technion, and the Hebrew University, formerly a national supervisor of science and technology at the Ministry of Education, and rector of the University of the ***, Mexico). A researcher in the field of cognition. Today she is the chairperson of the “Leadership to the Technion” association and a consultant in educational projects in educational institutions and local authorities. She is a partner in ATT for development of a special education information system and education network consultant at “Atid”.
Danny Nishlis, founder, owner and CEO of Haifa Radio. Chairman of the Board and owner of Radio Tel Aviv. Graduate of the Reali school in Haifa, M.A in Law from Haifa University. Former Chairman of the Haifa Theater, Chairman of Friends of the Bnei Zion Medical Center, Chairman of the Haifa Boston Partnership, Chairman of Etzion, a member of the Haifa City Council.
רפי נוה מנהל את מרכז היזמות של הטכניון
לפני כן עבד 40 שנה בתעשיית ה-היי-טק בארץ בתפקידי ניהול מחקר ופיתוח. היה מנכ”ל אינטל ישראל וסגן נשיא בכיר בחברות NDS, GIVEN IMAGING ו- TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR.
Founding and Director Of HaifaTeenTech – 2017
In the past Director of Overseas Department at Technoda- Science and Technology Center. Chaiperson Friends Of Bnai-Zion Medical Center and Director Resource Development At Reali School Haifa and Moadon 100- Technion, Israel Technology Institute.
As AlterNet’s CEO, Ilan specializes in Digital Transformation, Innovation, IoT, Smart Cities, Smart Health, Industrial IoT & Industry 4.0, Mobility and IT Strategic Consultancy to Top level management in Enterprise size organizations, municipalities and the MoD.
Ilan specializes in organizing and mentoring of Accelerators and Hackathons.
Ilan has over 30 years of experience in the IT industry with leading organizations, in which he held leadership positions in IT Management, design of complex IT systems, and huge scale IT project management together with his wide business orientation.
Ilan holds an MBA degree from the Technion – the Israeli Institute of Technology – located in Haifa, Israel.